Ruby on Rails Developer Job Description
We are looking to hire a talented ruby on rails developer to work with one of our clients offshore. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the server-side logic for a marketing application, testing performance, troubleshooting, and integrating front-end elements into the application.
To ensure success as a ruby on rails developer, you should have extensive experience working with ruby and back-end integration techniques. Ultimately, a top-level ruby on rails developer can create clean, functional code that perfectly suits the needs of our clients.
Ruby on Rails Developer Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing new web applications.
- Maintaining, enhancing, and troubleshooting existing web applications.
- Writing and maintaining reliable Ruby code.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Creating back-end components.
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks and bugs.
- Integrating user-facing elements designed by the front-end team.
- Connecting applications with Amazon AWS services.
- Maintaining APIs.
Ruby on Rails Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Experience working with ruby on rails.
- Ability to write clean ruby code.
- Proficiency with code versioning tools including Git, Github, SVN, and Mercurial.
- Experience with AngularJS or VueJS.
- Familiarity with MVC, Mocking, RESTful, and ORM.
- Knowledge of server-side templating languages including Slim and Liquid.
- Familiarity with testing tools.